The scientific literature is vast in support of the effectiveness and safety of oxygen/ozone therapy. Ozone therapy was introduced in the early 1900’s in Europe and in the U.S. The medical community, especially in Europe has been using ozone for decades to speed up wound healing and to treat a variety of diseases. With proper application, ozone has been found to be extremely safe and free from side effects since our own bodies naturally produce ozone at the white cell level to kill offending micro-oraganisms. Ozone is a strong anti-oxidant and is deadly to bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites.
We are currently using ozone therapy in a wide range of areas including:
- Placing ozonated water flushed below the gum line and/ or ozone gas infiltrated into the gum tissues to treat periodontal disease without the use of pharmaceutical drugs.
- Decay: Ozone can be used to kill decay causing bacteria. Certain types of cavities can be reversed by by exposing them to ozone gas, which can eliminate the need for a filling. Ozone can also, remineralize and repair early carious (decayed) lesions.
- Used after the removal of crowns and old fillings to kill bacteria to sterilize the tooth and prevent sensitivity.
- root canal treatment: to sterlize the canal system and to stimulate faster healing.
- Decrease tooth sensitivity.
- Treat the healing time and lessen the pain of cold sores and canker sores.
- Dental surgery: Dramatically speeds the healing and reduce the possibility of infection after a tooth is taken out.